Html5 Menu by



The Benny™ Card

NO MORE WAITING FOR REIMBURSEMENTS The Benny™ Debit Card is a debit card you can use for qualified medical care expenses. You can use this card at any health care merchant who accepts MasterCard® and is an IIAS* participating merchant. Because the Benny™ Debit Card pays your providers directly you don’t have to wait for reimbursement.


  Each time you swipe the card the Health Care FSA is electronically debited. According to IRS regulations you must still substantiate certain expenses. We have made it simple for you to comply with this requirement


  When a charge needs to be substantiated, you will receive, via email, a Benny™ Card Documentation form designed specifically for your Benny™ Card swipes. This form is pre-populated with your service date(s) and transaction amount(s). It is emailed to you at the beginning of the month following the swipes requiring substantiation. Simply sign the form and return it to Flex-Plan Services with the accompanying documentation showing the date, type, and cost of service.


  You have up to the end of the month in which you receive the Benny™ Card Documentation form - plus a five (5) day grace period - to submit your form with the necessary documentation. Benny™ Debit Card transactions that have not been substantiated by the deadline will result in the temporary suspension of your card. Your card will be reactivated once all outstanding transactions have been substantiated.



You have two options if you have lost your receipts or have used the card for an ineligible expense:

1. Write a check to Flex-Plan in the amount of the expense to reimburse the plan.
2. Submit additional claims to substitute the lost or unsubstantiated expense. Indicate on the claim form the intent to substitute claims for outstanding card charges.




The card is accepted at any IIAS participating merchant and health care merchants using the MasterCard® system. This includes:


Doctor Offices
Dental / Vision Clinics
Mail Order Rx Programs
IIAS participating retailers 



  If you require additional cards, or if your cards are lost or stolen, please call (406) 727-4969 or email us. Requesting replacement cards will cause your existing cards to be closed. If you request additional cards your existing cards will remain active. New cards will take approximately 7-10 business days to arrive from the date they are ordered.



A card transaction can be denied at a merchant for several possible reasons:

The card is suspended due to a prior transaction.

The card has not been activated.

The card swipe is more than the available Health Care FSA balance.

The purchase is being made at a merchant that is not an approved vendor.


Current Benny Debit Card Holders

  You must elect the card on the enrollment form each year. New cards will not be sent each year; instead the new plan year funds will be loaded to your existing cards. Your cards are valid for five (5) years from the date issued. The expiration date is on the card.


  The card will only debit from your current year election. If your plan includes the Grace Period, you must submit manual claims to draw down the prior year balance when making purchases during the grace period.


  Merchants that have implemented the Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) recognize when participants purchase FSA-Eligible expenses. When you purchase items at these merchants you will not be required to substantiate your expense. You can locate IIAS Participating Retailers at


  If we request documentation for an expense that was previously documented, and approved for the same cost, merchant, and time period, simply reply to the email indicating that the expense is a “recurring expense.” We’ll clear the charge, and no documentation will be necessary.

If you have trouble with your card, please contact us.
**If you do not repay the plan or substitute future claims against the amount of the ineligible expense your employer may withhold the improper payment amount from your wages or other compensation consistent with applicable federal or state law.